Thank you for visiting the Chicago Area Nursing Staff Development Organization (CANSDO). Please explore our website, join us at a meeting, and/or contact us by email with questions.
We’re an active group of nursing professional development specialists and healthcare educators from a variety of practice settings throughout the Chicagoland. We support direct patient caregivers and their leaders in providing safe and effective patient care. We share a desire to learn from each other and to develop our own professional practices. At each meeting we encourage networking and mentoring, offer educational opportunities of interest to nursing professional development specialists, and a brief business meeting. Meetings are scheduled every other month and alternate between suburban and urban member host sites.
For more information about CANSDO or to contact the board please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Nicole Gooding, MSHS, BN, RN, CHPN
CANSDO President, 2012 - 2013
Objectives of CANSDO
Welcome to the official Chicago area affiliate of the National Nursing Staff Development Organization (NNSDO), a network of staff development professionals acting for and in support of nurse educators in health care settings.
The objectives of the Chicago Area Nursing Staff Development Organization (CANSDO) are:
- To provide for the sharing of educational information and resources.
- To encourage communication throughout the local, state, and national arenas.
- To act as a resource network to encourage and assist members in the continuous development, improvement, and practice of education in health care settings.
- To provide and promote continuing education among health care personnel and/or consumers.
- To act as a resource for other health care professionals and organizations.
- To provide for networking and mentoring.
Future National Nursing Staff Development Organization Conferences
July 12 - 15, 2012
Westin Boston Waterfront